|+(61) 0437 983 070|
|PO Box 382, Abbotsford
VIC Australia 3067
This section is being updated…
In summary, ‘personal information’ is information or an opinion relating to an individual which can be used to identify that individual.
Why do we collect personal information?
The personal information we collect is for the primary purpose of supporting Alola Australia’s awareness and fundraising activities. Alola Australia will collect this information from you to:
- provide an acknowledgement / receipt of donations or sponsorship;
- communicate with you and assess fundraising proposals;
- keep records of amounts donated to fulfill our auditing requirements;
- improve our services and facilitate internal planning; and
- build and maintain a database of donors, sponsors and supporters in order to provide information about issues, news, upcoming events and fundraising activities (unless otherwise advised by you).
About whom do we collect personal information?
The people we collect personal information from may include:
- business and partnership contacts;
- board members; and
- event participants.
What type of personal information do we collect?
In general, the type of personal information we collect and hold includes (but is not limited to):
• names, addresses, contact details;
• bank account and credit card details;
• other information that assists us in running our organisation and meeting our legal obligations.
For board members, employees and volunteers, further information relating to professional experience and qualifications may also be collected.
Where it is lawful and practicable to do so, you may deal with us anonymously (such as when enquiring about our programs generally or when making a donation).
If you choose not to provide Alola Australia with certain personal information as requested in applications or registration forms we may not be able to provide the relevant service to you.
How do we collect personal information?
Information is generally collected directly from you when you:
- make a donation;
- make an application to fundraise;
- register for an event; or
- Communicate in person, by telephone or email.
How might Alola Australia use and disclose personal information?
Alola Australia may use and disclose your personal information for the primary purpose for which it is collected, for reasonably expected secondary purposes which are related to the primary purpose, and in other circumstances authorised by the Privacy Act.
Generally, we use your personal information for the following purposes:
- · to process your donations;
- · to plan and conduct fundraising and awareness-raising events;
- · to communicate with you about upcoming events and news updates;
- · to comply with our legal obligations; and
- · to help us manage and improve our activities.
To whom might we disclose your personal information?
Alola Australia may disclose your personal information to:
- · other companies or individuals who assist us in undertaking our activities or who perform functions on our behalf (such as function centres, mailing houses or specialist consultants);
- · courts, tribunals and regulatory authorities; and
- · anyone else to whom you authorise us to disclose it.
Sending information overseas
We may disclose your personal information to our partner organisation, Fundasaun Alola in Timor-Leste, when consented to by you or otherwise authorised under the Privacy Act. Fundasaun Alola will treat personal information collected in Australia and sent to its office in accordance with the requirements of the NPPs and any applicable local laws relating to privacy.
Management of personal information
The NPPs require Alola Australia to take reasonable steps to protect the security of personal information. Our personnel are required to respect the confidentiality of personal information and the privacy of individuals.
Storing personal information
Alola Australia stores personal information in different ways, including in paper and electronic form. The security of personal information is important to us and we take reasonable steps to prevent misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure of that information. Some of the ways we do this include:
• requiring our personnel to understand and maintain confidentiality;
• implementing document storage security processes;
• only granting requests for access to personal information where the individual seeking access has satisfied our identification requirements; and
• ensuring there is controlled access into our work places.
Where we no longer require your personal information for a permitted purpose under the NPPs, we will take reasonable steps to destroy it.
Privacy on the internet
We take care to ensure that the personal information given to us on our websites is protected.
You may access third-party websites by clicking on links we have provided on the Alola Australia website. These external websites are not subject to our privacy standards. You need to review those websites to ascertain how the relevant organisation manages personal information.
Keeping personal information accurate and up to date
Alola Australia take all reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete and up to date. However, the accuracy of that information largely depends on the quality of the information provided to us. We therefore suggest that you:
• let us know if there are any errors in your personal information; and
• keep us up to date with changes to personal information (e.g. name and address) (see ‘Contacting us’ below).
Accessing personal information
You have a right to access your personal information, subject to some exceptions allowed by law. Contact us to obtain a form to request access (see ‘Contacting us’ below). We may charge a fee for collating and providing access to personal information.
You may ask any questions about privacy and the way we manage personal information, or request access to personal information, by:
- email: friends(at)alola.org.au;
- phone: 0437 983 070; or
PO Box 382
Abbotsford VIC 3067
For further information about Alola Australia please refer to our website at: www.alola.org.au
- The information on this website is liable to change and although we attempt to ensure that the content is current we do not guarantee its currency as there may be delays, errors or omissions.
- For your convenience and information, this website contains links to other sites. Alola Australia makes no representation or warranty as to the accuracy or any other aspect of the information on those linked sites. No link to another site should be construed as an endorsement or recommendation of any information, goods or services referred to.
- All trademarks mentioned on this website belong to their respective owners. Unless otherwise indicated, Alola Australia owns the copyright in the content on this website.
- No material on this website can be reproduced, adapted, distributed, stored in a retrieval system or transmitted without prior written consent from Alola Australia.
- You may print out any content on this website for your personal use. All other use, copying or reproduction of this website or any part of it is prohibited (except to the extent permitted by law). None of the content or any part of it may be reproduced on any other Internet website.
- Alola Australia excludes all implied conditions and warranties with respect to this website, and its content, except any implied condition or warranty the exclusion of which would contravene any statute or cause any part of this clause to be void.
- Alola Australia excludes its liability for any consequential loss resulting from use of this website, including but not limited to loss of opportunity, lost revenue, lost profits, loss of data, and losses resulting from security failure, disclosure of confidential information by other parties, or the transmission of a computer virus. We recommend that prior to using any downloaded file, you carry out an appropriate virus check.
- Alola Australia’s aggregate liability to you for any other losses resulting from use of this website is limited to the nominal amount of $1.
DISCLAIMER REGARDING LINKS
For your convenience and information, this website contains links to other sites. Alola Australia makes no representation or warranty as to the accuracy or any other aspect of the information on those linked sites. No link to another site should be construed as an endorsement or recommendation of any information, goods or services referred to.